Attorney & Advocate
“Hi, this is Attorney Mike Kelly.”
From first introduction to final hugs and fist-bumps as we leave the courtroom – I’m your guy.
I make a personal commitment to each and every one of my clients that I hold with the highest regard. Golden rules: Do your part, I’ll do mine; Stay the course, let me navigate the obstacles.
At Kelly & Kelly, P.C., our Defense Team has represented doctors, lawyers, police officers, teachers, students, pilots, veterans, active-military, nurses, engineers, electricians, entrepreneurs, self-mades, children, and those going thru turbulence in their life.
The goal is always the same, although it has its varieties:
1) Make this negative a positive.
2) Accelerate through the process.
3) Achieve meaningful results.
With our unique approach to every case we handle, you can trust the firm that’s been fulfilling its promises for more than 30 years!
Call Kelly and learn what it takes to be the exception!
University of Detroit Mercy School of Law JD – Juris Doctor 2011
Michigan State University BA – Bachelor of Arts 2008
- Michigan State Bar Association (Criminal Law & Marijuana Law)
- Member of the Northville Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Northville Youth Network
- Executive Board Member Northville Kiwanis Club
- Member of the ICLE Criminal Law Advisory Board
- SuperLawyer awarded in 2019-2022.
- Top 10 Under 40 for Criminal Defense in Michigan by The National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Formerly named Top 40 Under 40 for Criminal Defense by The National Trial Lawyers
- Client’s Choice award by Avvo.com each year from 2014 to present
- ICLE Partner
- The New York Times Interview: Behind Charges Faced by the Parents of the Michigan Shooting Suspect
- The New York Times Interview: In the Michigan Shooting, What Is The School’s Responsibility?
- Bridge Michigan Interview: Bloody drawings, a cry for help and Oxford’s choice before school shooting
- Appearance on Smerconish Radio Show
- ICLE seminar on Drunk and Drugged Driving Update 2021
- FOX2 Detroit Interview: Pandemic Impact on Children’s Mental Health
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education (video) Probation Violation Cases 2019
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education (Michigan) Handling Misdemeanors 2016
- Michigan Proactive Defense A Criminal Conviction is the New Scarlet Letter 2016
- Attorney Mike Kelly Victorious in Westland, Michigan | Not Guilty Michigan Drunk Driving with an Accident 2013
- The Judge Looked at My Facebook! 2013
Individual Practice Areas
- DUI Charges (drunk driving offenses)
- Felony Charges
- Misdemeanor Offenses
- Juveniles and Minors
- School Offenses
More About Mike
Mike has worked for the family firm since he was a student at Detroit Catholic Central High School. He is a proud alum of Michigan State University where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice. During that time, he also served as a board member of the Beta Theta Pi men’s fraternity. In culmination of his efforts at Michigan State, Mike earned the position of Commencement Speaker for the College of Social Science. After graduating MSU, he followed in his family’s footsteps by attending law school at the University of Detroit Mercy.
Mike is a graduate of prestigious CDAM Trial College, which he completed in 2013. As a reflection of his commitment to his clients and highly-effective representation, Mike has been was awarded the Client’s Choice award by Avvo.com each year from 2014 to present. Mike was also featured in the ICLE: Handling Misdemeanors and is a current member of the ICLE Criminal Law Advisory Board. Mike has worked with the ICLE in producing seminars on Post Conviction Relief and Handling Probation Violations.
Mike was formerly selected as a Top 40 Under 40 for Criminal Defense by The National Trial Lawyers.
Mike frequently counsels students and parent groups on the Collateral Consequences of Criminal Behavior. Specifically, Mike focuses on how underlying issues of impulsive behavior, ADD/ADHD, school & family conflicts can lead to trouble with the courts. He also serves as a “support coach” for his clients, helping them to recognize triggers of “bad behavior” and developing coping mechanisms for processing emotions before they lead to trouble.
Mike is the firm’s go-to “Road Warrior”, always willing to hit-the-road to help all Michigan families both near and far from our office.
Mike resides in Northville with his wife Melissa and their three sons, Carter, Owen & Preston.