Kelly & Kelly PLLC is one of Metro-Detroit’s premier law firms. We are a group of attorneys who handle a wide variety of criminal defense and family law cases, as well as estate and business law matters. Our firm is looking for highly qualified applicants for the following positions:
Role primarily consists of assisting with the management of daily operations, as well as performing a variety of clerical and administrative support tasks to facilitate the efficient operation of the law firm. This specifically includes but is not limited to the following:
- Management of CRM and various information systems.
- Management of various office equipment and supplies.
- Manages appointments including trial dates and hearings, client meetings and travel.
- Prepares legal correspondence and documentation on behalf of clients and attorneys.
- Assists in the drafting and implementation of operational and human resource policies.
- Assists with human resource management duties as needed.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Professional written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Thorough understanding of office management practices.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or other similar software programs.
- Ability to create and maintain confidential records.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance or other related field.
Role is centered around representing clients in criminal defense cases and civil litigation. This includes but is not limited to arraignments, trials, settlement conferences, pretrial hearings and sentence hearings. Our attorneys defend adults and juveniles in criminal cases at the federal, state and local level. Attorneys are to offer expert legal counsel that is in their clients best interest.
- Interview new clients and meet with existing clients to render legal advice
- Perform thorough legal research to determine how the facts of a case interact with and relevant to current law
- Conduct in depth case research and engage in discovery as well as participation in the exchange of information pertinent to both sides of the action
- Argue motions and participate in other pretrial appearances in court before a judge
- Negotiate plea deals with prosecutors
- Create legal documents including but not limited to pleadings, motions, discovery, briefs, memos, and contracts
- Graduation from an ABA accredited law school
- Must have active license to practice law in Michigan that is in good standing
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate through all types of mediums with clients
- Proficiency in legal research and writing
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to professionally handle multiple clients and cases at once